It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 11:23 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: The site's connectivity is erratic.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:06 am 

Hello
I sometimes have problems reaching the website and have to reload a page several times before it can appear, this for the whole site. It usually comes back for a small time (though sufficient), before cutting again. Of course as it had to happen at one point or another, it just cut at a moment I had clicked on the "download" button, making me have to wait a couple minutes before being able to continue, timing out the page's connection and hence making me loose a download slot.
That's not important but annoying. I just wanted to bring that to attention. Connection to other sites is of course fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:59 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for letting me know. I don't know if there is anything that I can do to improve the connection. I'm in the process of updating the website so I'm interested to know if this is still going to be a problem after the updates are complete. BTW, who is your internet service provider and what speed is your connection?

Anytime you loose the connection to the website after you used up a slot, go back and request to download the same VMK. The system is smart enough to know that the requested VMK is the last one that you attempted and it won't charge you another slot to get it. This only works with the last VMK you tried to get. If you get a membership, this little trick will work with all the VMK's you have already downloaded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:57 am 

So on second thought, it seems this happens when I stop the loading of a page before it finishes. I'm then no longer able to connect to the site for some minutes... No big deal, if a little weird (or maybe it is intended ?).
My ISP is now called Numéricâble : I'm french. I don't think this will be of any help :p The connection is 10 Megs. Oh and I'm using Firefox 3.5.
Thanks for the answer.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]