It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Corrupted download and wait time.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:46 am 

Hey!
Every now and then I have to download files a second time from this site because of corrupt downloads.
Why is that? This has litterally never happend to me on another site.

This happend now this morning for BOTH parts of VMK 37 in the shader series. Great, so another hour and 30 minutes until I can watch it. I just hope
they aren't corrupt again then.

Post subject: Re: Corrupted download and wait time.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:15 am 

Hi GoryImpaler,
I have sometimes corrupted files too and it happens only when my download speed is slow :-(
Seems like if you take more then 2 minutes downloading a file the server disconnects you and stop the download.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:52 am 
Site Admin

GoryImpaler wrote:
Great, so another hour and 30 minutes until I can watch it. I just hope
they aren't corrupt again then.

Have a look in the FAQ for tips on what to do if your file is corrupted.

When you select a file for download, a dialog pops up showing you the file size of the file you are downloading. Wait until the file is done downloading and then check to make sure that you received all the MB's that are expected. If you got disconnected early, you won't have the whole file so your file will be corrupted. If the number of MB's on your hard drive do not match the number shown on the dialog, click on the VMK again to try downloading it again. The website keeps track of which file you tried to download last, so you won't have to wait another 45 minutes to download the same file. It will start downloading immediately.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:24 pm 

I'm well aware of how to check the file size, that is how I knew they were corrupted.

Oh crap, I tried to re-download the parts in order, I will remember that for next time, thanks.
But it is still a 2 part VMK, so I would actually have to wait 45 minutes. I would only get the last part of the .rar right away.

Disconnected early? So it is the server then, since I never have this problem anywhere else. Is this a bandwidth problem?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

The website server is located in the USA, so if you are connected from far way, there may be a timeout that happens that disconnects you. I'm not sure. I've never had any problems but then again, I connect from Canada which is pretty close to the server.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:58 pm 

Marek wrote:
The website server is located in the USA, so if you are connected from far way, there may be a timeout that happens that disconnects you. I'm not sure. I've never had any problems but then again, I connect from Canada which is pretty close to the server.

try to download a file capping your download speed at 100kb/s . You will see the file will finish before it ends :-(

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]