It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:08 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: unable to view swf movies
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:55 pm 

hello,

first off, thank you for these wonderful videos. i have bought a few $60+ books that havent been anywhere near as much as help as these videos have been.

i am following along with the VMKs and once you flash up some new code, i pause the movie to write all the code in by hand from your movie as i analyze it and attempt to understand whats going on.

so far this is working great but i have noticed that on any video over 3:30 in length, i am unable to 'skip' or 'fastforward' past 3:30. if i do, the video freezes and refuses to play. i thought it was corruption so i redownloaded the VMK and it was the same. the next one was the same way too. thinking it must be my computer, i updated my firefox, cleared cache and history, updated adobe flash player and cleaned my hard disk... also did a full power-down and boot back up but i still receive this problem.

do you have any suggestions? i am pretty sure its me.

ultimately it does not prevent me from using your videos but any code you write from 3:30 on i have to re-watch.. makes those 10:00+ a pain. 5 minutes of viewing just to get the code from 8:15 after i pause it at 8:00. lol

i think i will just give up on the downloaded ones and buy your DVD :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:46 am 
Site Admin

Hmm, that is strange. Here are a couple of suggestions that you can try.

A) Try using Internet Explorer 7.x to view the video's, that is what I am using and I haven't seen the problem that you descibe.

If A doesn't work, try:
B) All video's are encoded in the Adobe Flash format. Try and download the latest Flash player by going to www.adobe.com and clicking on the "Get Adobe Flash Player" button

If that doesn't work, maybe try a different flash player. Go onto google and type SWF Player. You'll find a bunch of programs you can download that will be able to playback swf files. Give these a try to see if they do any better.

If all that doesn't work then it might be a problem with your video card or cpu. Try running the video's on a different computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:31 pm 

Well, I tried IE7, I tried Opera. I tried a different computer and I tried a different flash player...

They all do the same thing... can't view past 3:30 unless I let the file play normally. It is also doing it with every other VMK (single swf) over 3:30.

How very odd is this? :?

I will just bunker down with it until my wife lets me buy your DVD (which looks totally awesome!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:20 pm 

I had the same problem. I installed the latest flash player, restarted the browser and now it works fine. Thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]