It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:00 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Software Engineering For Beginners?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:07 pm 

I want to go into software engineer on the side, but I want to know also if I need to use Kernel or Device programming. Where can I start at with something like this, that's hands on?

I know there's Arduino, but I want something that will stay connected or perhaps smaller? Perhaps something I can program with C / C++?

Thanks, Ajm.
Btw, I mite have more questions later. Relating to file storage on the device.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:32 am 
Site Admin

A lot of people seem to be getting into mobile devices now-a-days. If you are interested in this sort of thing, check out the iPhone developer kit. You can also look into Android.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:01 pm 

I already looked into Iphone though it would be cool.

The problems are, I don't have a Mac system to compile Xcode and Brew doesn't work for Visual Studio. My cell phone provider is Verizon and I know I can use .NET that came with VS2008, but I'm not paying for the phone bill and my phone doesn't even have Microsoft Mobile.

The same goes with Android. Unless I can find sponsors to support my game for example if the phone has OpenGL ES then I'm set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

Have you looked at http://www.xgamestation.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:13 pm 

I looked at it and it's not something I want to jump into right away, I was thinking more creating USB device.

I was thinking on something like a miniature computer that has functionality of a mp3 where you plug the usb to the computer and upload script files. Then I would create a parser from scratch to read the scripts that would do output and input.

What would I have to look at or into for this? I know I have to do PIC programming, but FILE reading is a question I want to know and also USB configuring.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]