It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:55 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Crediting Your Work.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:46 am 

I am a member of http://stackoverflow.com and I use it quite frequently to look up some possible solutions as to trying to help others. I knew a decent amount of the C++ language before I found this website here at MarekKnows long ago, but since then I have learned much and if I can share what I have learned here to help others on individual problems of their own, I am all the more willing to help. In this particular case a person was asking about infinite loops, so I gave my own advice and opinion on it hoping it will help them out. After I gave my own pseudo code I used an excerpt from the Shader Engine as an example giving Marek All Credit. Hopefully this may also serve to bring more members here to use your tutorials. Here is the link to my stack answer: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3267 ... 3#32675943 my answer is towards the bottom and the author uses my real name Francis Cugler. Marek, since I did not request permission from you and I do not want to infringe on your copyrighted material let me know if you would like to have this post removed or not. I do not think this should be an issue since I did give credit where it is due and there is no monetary gain involved and that this should serve as good publicity and free advertisement.

Post subject: Re: Crediting Your Work.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:57 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for letting me know. Could you update your post so that my email address that shows up at the top in the comments says Marek@MarekKnows.com rather than my old address.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:16 pm 

Sure not a problem.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:14 pm 

I answered another question on Stack Over flow giving you credit for your work as I used a handful of classes to illustrated an example that is more elegant than what the Asker was displaying. I began answering his question with my own implementation and my reasoning for doing so, but then I went on to describe how this can be more modular. The classes that I used where the ExceptionHandler, Logger, Singleton, FileHandler, TextFileReader, TextFileWriter and I believe BlockThread because it is a dependency to Logger. I stripped out or commented out anything that had to do with the engine directly or any other major aspects of the engine. I did not list the copry right information in each file because I was limited on character space so I gave you the credit at the very end of the answer. I also stated that it is due to following your tutorials that I've learned a majority of the complex knowledge of C++ that I now know and that if they would like to see more of this project to come here to your website and join our community. If this is giving away too much of your source please let me know and I won't hesitate to take it down, since I'm highly protective of another's copyrights, otherwise this can also serve as free promotional advertisement. Here is the link to stacks answer thread. http://stackoverflow.com/a/33273118/1757805

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]