It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Math VMK 1 - Lines in 2D
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

A 3D model of a house is used to generate the front, top, side and 3D views in a mechanical drawing.

Post subject: Re: AutoCAD VMK 2 - Creating Mechanical Drawings
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:28 am 
Site Admin

Here is the continuation of the previous VMK. I got a little confused near the end, but I hope that everyone gets what I am trying to say.

Post subject: Re: AutoCAD VMK 2 - Creating Mechanical Drawings
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:42 pm 
Site Admin

I received an email asking:
I'm an Architecture student and im always having to produce paraline 2D drawing for my design studios. last semester i modeled my final project in 2D and deriving section cuts, elevations, and plans from the model. However, i'm also frequently in need of Axonometric drawings. I was hoping that you knew of a way to produce, say a 45/45 axonometric from a 3D model? Is there some setting with the UCS that i can adjust to do that? Thanks for the help?
The solution to this is to use the DDVPoint command to get an axonometric view of the drawing. The command is buried two layers deep in the pull-down menu (View/3D Viewpoint/Select) so it's often quicker to type it in on the keyboard, since there is no toolbar button. (The command is dialog box driven). You define a view by specifying two angles. The first angle is the rotation from the X axis (the horizontal angle). The second is the angle from the XY plane (the vertical angle). Using the dialog box you can specify an angle either by picking on the two dials or by entering an angle into each of the two angle edit boxes.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]