It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: errors in release build
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:26 pm 

we build and make the exe in debug mode but the executable doesn't run on pc's where vstudio isn't installed so i tried making a release build but i got some errors i didn't get in the debug build..
debug compilation...
1>------ Build started: Project: SceneLib, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Scene.cpp
1>Creating library...
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\ir2pi\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\OpenGL-G.E\OpenGL-G.E\SceneLib\_Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>SceneLib - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>------ Build started: Project: OpenGL-G.E, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>Linking...
2>Embedding manifest...
2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\ir2pi\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\OpenGL-G.E\OpenGL-G.E\_Debug\BuildLog.htm"
2>OpenGL-G.E - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 2 succeeded, 0 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

release compilation..
1>------ Build started: Project: OpenGL-G.E, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>GameOGL.cpp
1>.\GameOGL\GameOGL.cpp(147) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'char *' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
1>.\GameOGL\GameOGL.cpp(190) : error C2664: 'CreateWindowExW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char *' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
1>.\GameOGL\GameOGL.cpp(359) : error C2664: 'UnregisterClassW' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'char *' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>.\GameOGL\GameOGL.cpp(374) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'LPVOID' to 'long'
1>.\GameOGL\GameOGL.cpp(379) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'LONG' to 'GameOGL *' of greater size
1>.\GameOGL\GameOGL.cpp(989) : error C2664: 'SetWindowTextW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char *' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>Mutex.cpp
1>.\Main\Mutex.cpp(14) : error C2664: 'CreateMutexW' : cannot convert parameter 3 from 'char [12]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>.\Main\Mutex.cpp(22) : error C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const char [29]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>ErrorHandler.cpp
1>.\Core\ErrorHandler.cpp(111) : error C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char [1024]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>.\Core\ErrorHandler.cpp(118) : error C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char [1024]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>.\Core\ErrorHandler.cpp(125) : error C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char [1024]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>.\Core\ErrorHandler.cpp(132) : error C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char [1024]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>.\Core\ErrorHandler.cpp(139) : error C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char [1024]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>.\Core\ErrorHandler.cpp(146) : error C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char [1024]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>.\Core\ErrorHandler.cpp(153) : error C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char [1024]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>.\Core\ErrorHandler.cpp(160) : error C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char [1024]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>.\Core\ErrorHandler.cpp(167) : error C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const char [18]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>Main.cpp
1>.\Main\Main.cpp(46) : error C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const char [24]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\ir2pi\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\OpenGL-G.E\OpenGL-G.E\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>OpenGL-G.E - 16 error(s), 2 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 3 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

how do i get rid of these??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:09 pm 
Site Admin

seems to me you are using Unicode in your release build.

VMK45 will show you how to setup your project properly:
http://www.marek-knows.com/downloadSect ... GameDev138

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:54 am 

ur using Visual Studio Xpress or Standard? 2008 or 2005? with all VS apps, you need to install a VC_Redist on to the target machine. (check microsoft for the correct VC_Redist)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:30 pm 

Change UnregisterClassW (in code you see UnregisterClass ) to UnregisterClassA. CreateWindowEx to CreateWindowExA, MessageBoX to MessageBoxA etc.

The compiler near so he will name written (UnregisterClass ) he has to choose ((UnregisterClassW, UnregisterClassA etc.) ) and he chooses first). You have him to help.

Post subject: Help with Mutex
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:52 am 

i have watched VM45 and I am using Visual c++ 2008 but I still get these errors. Any help would be appreciated:

Mutex.cpp
1>.\Main\Mutex.cpp(14) : error C2664: 'CreateMutexW' : cannot convert parameter 3 from 'char [12]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1> Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
1>.\Main\Mutex.cpp(22) : error C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const char [29]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1> Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

Click on Project->Properties
Configuration Properties->General
What do you have set in the Project Defaults section for the Character Set value?

Post subject: Character Set issues
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:03 pm 

Yes under project->Properties->Configuration Properties->General you need to change the character set from Unicode to Multi-Byte otherwise you will get these errors. I changed that and bamn they went away! :P

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]