It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problem with Game Engine Project!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:46 pm 

Hello, I am desperate need of help as I am not sure why my program is doing this. I just finished VMK 3 where I JUST created the application window. The program compiles, but when I run it the background isn't WHITE. It is transparent for a second but then seems to hold that image that it was in front of.... meaning the background seemed to freeze. I tried to move the window around but the background just stayed frozen, HOWEVER the title of the application kept on updating (fps was ranging between 800-1000. Is that normal?) There's nothing that I can do that seems to make the background a normal color or anything normal at all except FROZEN.

So i tried continuing to the SCENE class and creating a triangle in the next vmk, but that had no effect on the application and nothing yet again seemed to show up but a frozen background.

So i thought it was the computer, so i sent it to another computer. On the computer that I sent it to, there seems to be another problem where the application wont even stay open. It runs, but it quickly exits. The problem specifically on THAT computer, is the RenderPost() function in the GameOGL.cpp is returning FALSE (something to do with m_hDC being unused maybe??) and forcing the application to quit. On my computer that I built this application, none of that happens and the program actually STAYS open, just the background seems to freeze... and so clearly something's wrong, but i have no idea what.

If anybody could PLEASE help or suggest any ideas on why my application background seems to be freezing or whatever its doing, that would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Problem with Game Engine Project!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:32 am 
Site Admin

The main window is not being drawn therefore you are seeing what is originally under it, inside your window. You need to go back to VMK 3 and fix the source code before continuing.

Setup a breakpoint in your code where you create your window and step through line by line using the debugger: http://www.marek-knows.com/downloads.php?vmk=cpp13

Look for any logic errors or variables that have invalid values. Also, make sure you check the return value for each function to be certain that the function did not fail on you.

If you suspect m_hDC is invalid, have a look at it's value in the debugger. Before you use it, it should have been already set. Double check the VMK to make sure you didn't miss any lines of code.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]