It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: OGRE!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:23 pm 

I have heard that OGRE is a great 3D graphics Modeling Engine that works great with OpenGL, OpenAL, not sure about DirectX though. It is open souce and free to use for every one, there is an SDK version that is quick and easy to use for beginners, but lacks some optionality and there is a robust Source Version that you can see the guts of the engine which is more advanced, you have to implement the engine yourself, but you can modify, adjust and change the functionality to fit your needs. It can be found at http://www.ogre3d.org

Anyone who want to check it out feel free to. And I think this would make a great New VMK Series all on its own that can be integreted into the existing OpenGL Game Engine and Physics Engine.

I feel Strong about this, because not every one can afford CAD, but can lean the same basic concepts at virtually no cost. HOPE TO SEE IT HERE MAREK! {^_^}

Post subject: OGRE does support Direct3D as well
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:37 am 

BTW, Ogre feature list states, besides other things, full and equal support for both OpenGL and Direct3D.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]