It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:26 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can't view the VMK's any longer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:32 pm 

For some reason I can't view your VMK's any longer on Windows 10. I have tried opening the html file in IE 11, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox and nothing happens, no error messages, just a white browser window!

Any suggestions on settings or maybe a plugin I need to download?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Can't view the VMK's any longer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:12 am 

Here is an update.
After doing a little investigation using Firefox Developer Edition, I have concluded that the versions of the OpenGL VMK's that I have will not work on the latest Shockwave version 23.0 r0.
I have Firefox Developer Edition on my iMac computer that has the older 21.0 r0 version of shockwave flash and the VMK will play on that one but not on any browsers with the new version of Shockwave Flash!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:13 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for doing some digging around to find a solution. That is really annoying that Win10 won't play the swf files anymore. It is going to be a lot of work for me to re-encode them all into a different file format.

If you want to use your Win10 PC, you can still view the swf files by opening them up in vlc http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:13 am 

Another workaround I discovered was to install WampServer on the computer and place the vmk's in the www directory and run them through the browser with the localhost/<name of vmk html file> and it worked that way.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:45 pm 

Another possible solution would be to use a VM client and within that VM install an older version of windows such as Vista, 7 or 8 and use IE11 without updating the player.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:50 am 

Just an update, VLC on the latest version of Windows 10 plays the audio for the swf files, and the video is poor (very grainy, and unreadable). Sometimes the video stops completely.

It appears that WampServer is also having issues on Windows 10 as the installation no longer worked on my system. The installation file for WampServer has many caveats, which likely means that the program is having issues.

I'll keep trying other avenues to run the videos.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:46 am 

I found a way to play the swf files in Windows 10 media player:

1) download the TSCC and TSC2 codecs
2) Change the registry to allow local playing of swf files:

Open the Registry Editor (ie Run "regedit.exe" and give Windows permission to continue). Navigate your way to the following folder...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Lockdown_Zones\0
In this folder "0" (zero), locate the entry "1200 REG_DWORD 0x00000003 (3)" in the viewing pane. Right-click on the "1200" and choose "Modify..". Change the highlighted value of "3" to "0". Press OK. The entry will now show as "1200 REG_DWORD 0x00000000 (0)". Close the Registry Editor. This procedure now allows Windows Media Player to play local .swf files.

It might be a good idea to change the default opening program for your .swf files to Windows Media Player.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:54 pm 

To convert the swf files to another format that is compatible cross-platform (example, Windows, OS X, etc.), use the Moyea SWF to Video converter (http://www.moyeasoft.com/swf-converter/ ... o-pro.html) which has a free trial to convert swf to mp4 format. This is a free trial for 30 days and the mp4's are compatible with many players.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:22 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the updates eugenedakin. I just tried the latest version of GOM Player. It seems to play the swf files right out of the box. So that is another option.

http://player.gomlab.com/

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]