It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: OpenGL Tips & Tricks VMK - Introduction
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:14 am 
Site Admin

This VMK series is a grab all for OpenGL Tips and Tricks. A list of things that I will be covering is presented below:
  • Sprites
  • Billboards
  • Decals
  • Particle System
  • Terrain
  • Maps
  • Skyboxes

The VMK's use the OpenGL Game Engine to build on top of, so if you haven't gone through those VMK's I would recommend you look at them first. If you want to skip over the OpenGL Game Engine VMK's and start right in with the Tips and Tricks, you can purchase the complete Game Engine source code from the store.

I welcome any suggestions that you may have for additional tips and tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:05 am 

Good idea, but I think that the better end "ghost toast" - then you can create additions to an already created the game (skyboxes, prettier molecular system, a larger area - generated dynamically multitexturing, lightmapy etc). A lot of ideas but as I wrote at the beginning of more such supplements do to set up the game - extending it in terms of graphic.

This is my idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:25 am 

i like this too ...it's better if the diffrent features aren't implemented one after another and shown seperately..it'll be helpful when we are making our games and won't have to follow and download vmk's in the pattern that marek has developed it in...we can choose which vmk's we want to learn/implement in our games and then use it . gr8 idea :D

Post subject: dependent independence
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:26 am 

Looks good. However your gr8 idea might spoil the whole Marek's business, built upon sequential access. :roll:

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]