It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ghost VMK 45 - Instruction Screen
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:42 am 
Site Admin

In this VMK I go back to working with the GUI system. A moving ghost image is placed on the main menu screen, and an instruction screen is displayed after you press the Play option from the menu. The initial position of the player and ghosts are also set to be randomly generated.

Post subject: About Scene::InitGUILoadingInstructions() Function
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:25 pm 

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but when I ran the code as you initially
had it in the video.

The Text "Loading..." did not appear.

I started to think why this was happening, then I realized that the Instruction tga image was being rendered over top of the text.

In this function I reversed the order between the GUID_LOAD_TEXT and GUID_LOAD_INFO for the GS_LOADING state.

So here, I rendered the Instruction image first then I rendered the text afterwards, and now everything works fine. You might want to have a look at this Marek. NICE WORK !!!

Can not wait for the next few VMK's especially the Sound :)

One question. Are you going to be adding videos for the GUIRadio and GUISlider Class ? Or are you leaving that up to us to figure out ?

Post subject: Re: Ghost VMK 45 - Instruction Screen
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:28 pm 

If you want to see something a little different then just a vertical motion add this one line of code in Scene::GUIRender() after you set the position's y value.

v2Position._fX = _ghostImage.GetValue() + 0.85f*v2Position._fX;

It now moves on a diagonal, basic algebra using linear transforms. I like this simple effect. If you want something more interesting you can use any algebraic function to calcualate its motion over time while using your interpolated values. For example when you press the play button, you could have the ghost image move towards the center of the screen and increase its scale values to make it appear to be larger and larger over a 2-3 second interval and as the ghost's face is nearly centered and 1/4 the window you could even add in a sound bit, to make it moan at you, but the second part you will have to wait until you have finished the Sound Engine. Just idea's for you to experiment you with.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]