It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shader VMK 1 - Solution Setup
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:38 pm 
Site Admin

In this vmk I compare the differences between the Game Engine and Ghost Toast configuration with the Shader Engine configuration which I will be using.

Post subject: Re: Shader VMK 1 - Solution Setup
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:20 am 

I liked this for it is so much easier to set up, only having to worry about one library as opposed to three or more. And the fact that the code is wrapped in a namespace, as well as the main function is wrapped in a try-catch statement. Very nice.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:20 pm 

I now have a second hard drive on my current pc with windows 7 64bit home premium installed. I also now have Visual Studio Ultimate 2012 installed. I am getting use to the changes in this IDE versus 2010 version.

I have successfully completed the solution setup, everything compiles builds and runs as expected.

The question I have is this: In the isPlatformValid() function, in the for each ( ) loop after the key word "in" we are relating to the variable vTests which is our vector we want to traverse through, for some unknown reason the IDE has a red squiggle line under vTests and when I hover my mouse over it, it gives me the message { Error: a 'for each' statement cannot operate on an expression of type "std::vector<SizeTest, std::allocator<SizeTest> >" } should I be concerned with this error, what can be done to resolve it? Do I need to include another header file such as <Algorithm> ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

According to msdn, in the 2012 version you need the /zw compiler option specified to use "for each":
msdn site

or you could use STL's implementation of for_each:
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/algorithm/for_each/

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]