It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shader VMK 23 - GLSL Shaders
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

In this VMK we explore working with both the fragment and vertex shaders. I also demonstrate common errors that you will encounter when writing GLSL code.

Post subject: Re: Shader VMK 23 - GLSL Shaders
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:47 pm 

Nice video, I like how you show how simple it is to make an error in the shaders, and what to look for in the generated error codes. Keep them coming. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:13 pm 

I can not seem to get NShader working for VS2012 Ultimate. I followed the websites instructions by first backing up my registry before deleting any registry keys and removing the lines in the specified file. After I did that, VS was having problems, I tried to then repair VS2012 and that did not work, I then tried to uninstall VS2012 and install new copy but that did not work. I was not able to even build my project. Things like can not include <excpt.h> within <windows.h> wasn't working. I even tried to restore my registry using the backup copy I had and that didn't work. I tried using windows restore and still didn't fix the problem. So I ended up spending most the day formatting the hard drive and installing windows / updates / some programs and VS2012 all over again. Luckily for me I did not have very much on this new hard drive so it wasn't to much of a hassle. Right now I have everything back to how my pc was right before I tried to install NShader. I do not want to have to go through that again. Could I get a full clear example of how to properly install this into VS2012 or is there another tool or add-on that will do the same for VS2012. Thank You in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:36 am 
Site Admin

I have no idea since I am not the author of NShader. You'd have to email them for help. If NShader isn't working for you then you can always just use Notepad++ or Google "opengl shader syntax highlight" and you will see a bunch of other options.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:34 am 

I got it to work this time. I found that the problem I was having was not in deleting the registry entries. It was in the VS installation folder's .pkgdef file. I either was missing a few of the .fx or .hlsl entries or ended up deleting something in that file that I wasn't supposed to. Now I am getting syntax highlighting for glsl. I can build and run the solution.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]