It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shader VMK 55 - Moving Objects
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:17 am 
Site Admin

In this video I show how to modify the VisualMko class so that we have built in support for moving mko objects on the screen, and everything still works correctly with the BatchManager.

Post subject: Re: Shader VMK 55 - Moving Objects
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:28 am 

Excellent, just implemented successfully and a bit cleaner than my hack. Went ahead and made TransformMatrix work on a vec3 to work with the Batch3D objects. One thing I'm wondering about with the Batch3D is having the GPU do the offsets. This would get a bit tricky with the batching process since we want multiple objects in the same batch if their textures align. I was attempting to add flags to the batches to allow you to switch a Shader program's uniform "offset" in the middle of the empty batch process, but this forced calling glDrawElements on a particular # of indices and then change the "offset" and run glDrawElements on the next set of indices in the same batch, which kills the entire point of the batch manager allowing multiple objects in a single batch. Unfortunately doing these calculations on the GPU seems a bit more complicated to implement successfully than I had hoped.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]