It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shader VMK 61 - AssetStorage GuiElement Update
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

In this video I update the AssetStorage class so that it supports GuiElements. Now anytime that a GuiScreen objects is created, it will automatically be managed by the AssetStorage class. The AssetStorage class's interface if also slightly renamed for handling MKO objects and the Game class is updated to create real instances of GuiScreen objects.

Post subject: Re: Shader VMK 61 - AssetStorage GuiElement Update
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:20 pm 

EDIT: Found the issue although I'm not sure what is causing the difference between the two modes. I had a registry key, "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor]" set to an old folder. This key sets the default directory when using the command prompt. Apparently VS2013 uses this key for the default directory when doing "Run without debugging" no matter what solution you are in.

Hey Marek,

Almost successfully implemented, but I've run across an error. It may not be associated to this VMK, so not sure if this is the correct place to post.

When attempting to "run without debugging" the engine so far seems to be reading a different glsl file than in "start debugging" mode. I receive the following message. The problem is my shader file doesn't have any of the issues described below. It almost seems that the run without debugging is attempting to read a shader that isn't there or a cached version? I tried a couple clean builds and the problem still persists in Ctrl-F5, but no issues at all when doing a normal F5 debug run. Is this something to do with the project configuration?

Error [2014.11.30 20:18:00.045] FShaderManager::ProcessAttributes Errors were found with ATTRIBUTE variables in ShaderProgram[0]
InColor of type{other type not specified in GetShaderTypeName} is used in the shader but was not added to the ShaderProgramSettings with AddVariable()
InTexCoord Variable{2} of type {float vec2} is not used in the shader

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Shader VMK 61 - AssetStorage GuiElement Update
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:26 am 

Caught up and finished this one too, very nice and I'm ready for the next video/s.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]